I’m absolutely delighted that ‘Writing in the House of Dreams’ has been nominated for ‘The Sunshine Award’
The Sunshine Award is ‘given and passed on to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.’
‘Positively’ and ‘creatively’ are two of my favourite words!
Acceptance of the award comes with the following instructions:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
So first of all, my thanks to the lovely Carolyn Hughes - do check out her phenomenally popular blog The Hurt Healer which is always thoughtful and beautifully written
Second of all, here’s my Q&A:
1.Who is your favourite philosopher? Hmm… I don’t really have one. I do like Eckhart Tolle’s ‘The Power of Now’ and Susan Jeffers’ philosophy of ‘Whatever happens, I’ll handle it’ though
2. What is your favourite number? 4
3. What is your favourite animal? The owl - it knows the secrets of the night
4. What is your favourite time of day? I find they’re all enjoyable in different ways – it’s one of the benefits of insomnia that you get to know the full 24 hours really well
5. What are your Facebook and Twitter accounts? Facebook Jenny Alexander Author Twitter @jennyalexander4
6. What is your favourite holiday? Camping in the far North of Scotland and the Northern Isles – breath-taking scenery, wonderful wildlife, absolute tranquillity
7. What is your favourite physical activity? Walking in wild places
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.
9. What is your passion? Writing and dreamworking (no surprises there then!) I love teaching workshops too
10. What is your favourite flower? Nasturtiums, geraniums and roses in the summer, Michaelmas daisies in the autumn, snowdrops in the winter, primroses and daffodils in the spring. Impossible to narrow it down any further!
Gorgeous geraniums in Barbara Hepworth’s garden in St Ives
So now my nominations, in no particular order:
1. Toko-pa Artist, musician and dreamworker - a gentle, thoughtful blog and a beautiful voice
2. Writing Sisters Betsy Duffey and Laurie Myers – creative inspiration from a Christian perspective, quotes and beautiful illustrations
3. Abi Burlingham Engaging and varied articles about a writer’s life
4 The Artist’s Road One of my favourite blogs about the craft of writing, by Patrick Ross
5 recovery network: Toronto Fresh perspectives on ‘mental illness’
6 Poetry Therapy News New blog by poetry therapist Victoria Field – poetic inspiration and thoughtful commentary
7 Wright Story Visually delightful blog about all kinds of creative activities
8 Brain Pickings Weekly Brilliant selection of articles and quotes about fascinating topics every week
9 Help! I need a publisher! No-nonsense, practical and inspirational blog about writing and being published by the Crabbit Bat
10 A Nennius Blog Award-winning author Susan Price talking about life and writing, with help from the legendary Blott
Once again, thank-you Carolyn for nominating Writing in the House of Dreams – it will wear the Sunshine Award with pride
Which blog would you nominate for being positive and inspiring?